Sunday, March 29, 2009

thank you for sitting next to me...

i kind of have this social experiment that i have been bouncing around in. i keep trying to see how much technology i can live without. this is the year of no television in my apartment. in the beginning i thought "right on - there goes some mindless time that i can put to better use" but then i discovered that i wasn't learning about life without television, i was just learning the art of being patient when it came to television. i would just wait for whatever show i was interested in to make it's way to internet land and then sit in front of my computer instead of the t.v.

i had been sneaking my internet from my neighbors but they came over last month to tell me that they were moving to japan which meant no more internet from them. i then made the decision to say no to internet also. which has really led me to the land of no more mindless technology.

all that to say here i sit in starbucks getting internet tonight.

two homeless men came an hour ago. we have had on and off conversations since they came in. i like these men. i feel like they are kinder then anyone else in here. for some reason they pour out genuineness and i feel like they full of wisdom - the kind of wisdom that comes from living through hardness - the kind of wisdom i trust.

i want to say that these men were completely beautiful and blessed me deeply.



angels in disguise.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Our first 2 years in our house we 'borrowed' from one of our neighbors :)
Good times

Grant and Jodie said...

i'm very impressed. keep us updated as when you get a chance to use technology

Nat Churl Disaster said...

Gosh, I miss you. Please come to Oregon sometime over summer. If you don't my heart may just burst from overwhelming sorrow.

-Christopher N. Cambell