Tuesday, December 5, 2006

i was sitting, waiting, wishing

i think that i love to be alone. i think that i forgot that because there was a while there that someone was always around. i think it's good to be just you and your thoughts. turn the off the noise and just rest. it might just make us a little stronger.

i forgot who i was for a second and i didn't have alone walk on beach so the waves could whisper their reminders to me. people ask if i miss the bahamas. everyday. i honestly don't miss teaching... i miss the abandoned nature of it. the adventure of it. the slow pace peace of it. mornings drinking tea and reading on my back porch as the sun rises over the water. my mornings that the dolphins stop by to say their hello. i miss my treasure hunts for shells and sea glass. i miss laura and i solving the problems of the world, or at least the problems of this girls heart, with white sand between our toes.

i can commit - i committed to a whole bag of fig newtons just tonight. i think im going to wash it down with a hot cup of cinnamon ginger root tea. my ginger jar just came for me - with love from india. don't worry i will be there to give the love back one day.

im sitting right in front of my kitchen window which looks directly into my neighbors kitchen. at one point i caught myself no longer grading papers but grading my cute neighbor as he took his rug and hung it over his banister. that's right im staring right at you...and yes, im still eating my fig newtons.

del barber - who the heck is this guy and how come im not his supportive girlfriend. thanks ellen for leading me his way. check him out - im not saying he is anywhere near getting in the way of jason mraz for a virtual romance but i have spent all evening listening to his myspace page.

welcome to my apartment...





my bed is big enough for at least three four or five if we want to make a snuggle puddle - super sleepovers are on my top favorite things to do on a friday/saturday/sunday/monday/tuesday/wednesday/thursday night.

19 days till christmas. i count down for the kids which would be the only reason i truly know. what do i want this christmas. how about a romantic walk in the snow that ends with a hot cup of tea.

No comments: