Friday, September 9, 2005

week one of teaching complete.

it has rained
every day this week. not a weak sprinkle but the kind of rain that wakes me up at 6 a.m and doesn't let me fall back asleep because the thunder is so loud and the rain is hitting so hard. beautiful.

w
e are in a new apartment. a five minute walk to the ocean. i try to wake up early enough to go swim laps before school. two mornings it has been done but we have been rained out the other days.my favorite part of the apartment would the view from our back porch -




narissa would be my challenge of the year. i am embarrassed everyday at my lack of patience and gentleness and she would be the one that brings this all to my attention. my favorite part is when she really starts acting naughty her left eye starts to go cross - eyed...perfect.



we don't have television this year so most nights are spent finding productive things to do. we made chai cookies tonight (original recipe). laura lit two plastic bags on fire because she would throw them onto our candles. the last straw was when we noticed our sugar bag up in flames. in the end the cookies tasted just like christmas and the plastic burning fumes were worth it.

No comments: